Built Green™ adds value to new home construction by promoting and recognizing the use of practices and products that represents resource-efficient and environmentally friendly construction.
Hillside Contracting constructed the first “Built Green” home in Kamloops.
Built Green™ is owned and managed by the Built Green™ Society of Canada. Membership in Built Green™ is open to all members of participating Home Builders’ Associations (HBA’s) including builders, renovators, product suppliers or manufacturers, service providers, community developers and municipalities.
The primary purpose of Built Green™ is to encourage homebuilders to use technologies, products and practices that will:
- Provide greater energy efficiency and reduce pollution
- Provide healthier indoor air
- Reduce water usage
- Preserve natural resources
- Improve durability and reduce maintenance
The program concentrates on four areas of environmental concern:
- Energy Efficiency
- Indoor Air Quality
- Resource Use (including Waste Management)
- Overall Environmental Impact
For more information on “Built Green” homes, visit their website www.builtgreencanada.ca